This project consists of a 16,000 square foot addition attached to the historical Episcopal Cathedral in Logan, Utah. The original cathedral was built in 1909 and became part of the new sanctuary. One of many challenges was to maintain the structural integrity of the existing cathedral while completely demolishing one of the four walls to expand the sanctuary. Another delicate challenge faced by the construction team was to move an historical, un-reinforced masonry home approximately 50 feet to make way for the new addition to the church.
The narthex and chapel, overlooked by an organ loft, are beautifully trimmed in dark walnut to match exposed wooden structural members. Other features include a fellowship hall with commercial kitchen, nursery, administrative offices and classrooms.