STEPHEN J. KIER
Chairman of the Board
KIER Construction Corporation
Steve was born and raised in Ogden, Utah where he currently lives with his wife, Tammy, and three of their five children. Steve was appointed President of KIER Construction Corporation in 1986 when he and his brother, Scott, started the company. He moved into the role of CEO in 2018. He gained his construction expertise at an early age while working in the KIER family business.
As CEO, Steve creates, plans and integrates the strategic direction for the company. Steve represents KIER in civic and professional associations in the local community, and at the state and national level. Further responsibilities include the assurance that the organization’s leadership maintains constant awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customer base, markets, new industry developments and standards. As a result, clients have sought the services of KIER Construction repeatedly throughout the years.
Steve makes it a point to provide opportunities for KIER’s employees, clients and business partners to improve their lives. He accomplishes this through his exceptional leadership and supervisory skills, as well as his ability to communicate effectively with his employees and customers. Steve actively engages in activities that improve the KIER brand.
Related Professional Activities
- 2014 to present – Ogden Weber Chamber Board of Governors
- 2014 to present – Ogden Regional Hospital, Board of Trustees
- 2011 to present – Weber School Foundation, Special Needs Chairman and Board of Directors
- 2009 to 2012 – Ogden Weber Chamber, Board of Directors
- 2008 to 2014 – Utah Community Reinvestment Corporation (UCRC), Board of Trustees
- 1997 to 2003 – Board of Trustees, National Commercial Builders Council
- 1997 – Associated Builders and Contractors, Utah Chapter, President
- 1996 to 2012 – Ogden City Board of Building and Fire Code Appeals
- 1992 to 2003 – Board of Directors, National Association of Home Builders – Achieved Life Director Status in 2003
- 1991 to 1998 – Associated Builders and Contractors, Utah Chapter, Board of Directors
- 1990 to 2009 – Regional Advisory Board of Directors, KeyBank of Utah
- 1987 – President of Northern Wasatch Home Builders Association
- 1982-1990 – Board of Directors Northern Wasatch Home Builders Association
Steve’s interests include golf, coaching lacrosse, scouting, skiing, and spending time with his family. He has been an active member of the Ogden Golf and Country Club since 1997.