STEPHEN J. KIER
KIER Construction Corporation
Steve was born and raised in Ogden, Utah where he currently lives with his wife, Tammy, and three of their five children. Steve has been President of KIER Construction Corporation since 1986 when he and his brother, Scott, started the company. He gained his construction expertise at an early age while working in the KIER family business.
As President, Steve personally oversees all pre-construction services and construction operations, as well as all key personnel on each project. Steve brings his expertise in construction management to every KIER project. As a result, clients have sought the services of KIER Construction repeatedly throughout the years.
Steve makes it a point to be involved with every project, which allows him to consistently meet the KIER goal of completing projects on time and within budget. He accomplishes this through his exceptional leadership and supervisory skills, as well as his ability to communicate effectively with his employees and customers.
Related Professional Activities
- 2014 to present – Ogden Weber Chamber Board of Governors
- 2014 to present – Ogden Regional Hospital, Board of Trustees
- 2011 to present – Weber School Foundation, Special Needs Chairman and Board of Directors
- 2009 to 2012 – Ogden Weber Chamber, Board of Directors
- 2008 to 2014 – Utah Community Reinvestment Corporation (UCRC), Board of Trustees
- 1997 to 2003 – Board of Trustees, National Commercial Builders Council
- 1997 – Associated Builders and Contractors, Utah Chapter, President
- 1996 to 2012 – Ogden City Board of Building and Fire Code Appeals
- 1992 to 2003 – Board of Directors, National Association of Home Builders – Achieved Life Director Status in 2003
- 1991 to 1998 – Associated Builders and Contractors, Utah Chapter, Board of Directors
- 1990 to 2009 – Regional Advisory Board of Directors, KeyBank of Utah
- 1987 – President of Northern Wasatch Home Builders Association
- 1982-1990 – Board of Directors Northern Wasatch Home Builders Association
Steve’s interests include golf, coaching lacrosse, scouting, skiing, and spending time with his family. He has been an active member of the Ogden Golf and Country Club since 1997.